The following information applies to those who registered up to December 31st. 2018.
In the case that the contract is canceled, upon re-registration the revised terms of service will be applicable. The former terms of service will no longer apply, so please be understanding of this beforehand.
STEP-1: User registration
After user registration and PayPal account registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
Confirmation e-mail will be sent automatically to your registered e-mail address in a few minutes after your PayPal account registration.
It contains important information such as your private mailbox shipping addresses.
You can have your own address and store your parcels only for 1,575 JPY (Storage insurance included) every month.
Notes: Required for the first time only.
If you don’t receive any confirmation e-mail within a few minutes, please check your spam folder.
If you don’t find it anywhere in your mailbox, please re-try the registration (It could be due to incorrect e-mail address).
STEP-2: Shop or Bid at your favorite sites OR Use “Shopping service”
(1) If you Shop or Bid at your favorite site.
(Or tell senders to ship to your private mailbox address.)
After your registration is completed, you will be given your private mailbox with your own ID and address, and can start using DANKEBOX immediately.
All the payments must be made with your shops/sellers in advance.
- Please write [Your user ID] after the address in the address field everytime you fill in the orderform at online shops in Japan.
- Please write [Your registered full name in English letters] in the name field everytime you fill in the orderform at online shops in Japan. The order name and your Personal mailbox name must be the same.
- Cash on delivery (COD) parcels and Freight-collect parcels cannot be delivered to our warehouse.
- Please use our Shopping service if you need to use COD.
STEP-3: Arrivals of your parcels
When your parcels are sent to your private mailbox address, we will enter the following information in our data. You will receive an auto-email, “Your parcel arrived”. You will see which parcels have arrived in your account.
Notification contents and time
Date of arrival / Delivery company’s name / Sender’s name / Parcel No. / Weight of parcels (g) Your parcel information will be shown on your account Within 24 hours of parcel arrival (except weekends and holidays in Japan).
- When parcels arrive on weekends and holidays in Japan, we receive on the next business days.
- We will discard free catalogs from mail-order companies, direct mails and flyers.
Cash on delivery (COD) parcels and Freight-collect parcels cannot be delivered to our warehouse. Please use our Shopping service if you need to use COD.
STEP-4: Shipping request
Log into your account and select parcels that you want to ship. Complete the “Shipping request” as instructed. By the automatic calculation system, the shipping service fee, shipping fee, insurance and optional fee will be shown at the end of the shipping request.
Check the amount and make a payment by PayPal. (We accept PayPal only.)
After your payment, you will receive an auto-email, “Shipping request completed” and “Payment confirmed”.
Your shipping request status and payment status will be shown in your account.
- Ship-to country can be different from the registered country.
- Auto-calculated shipping service fee, shipping fee, insurance and optional fee will be charged every shipping request.
- Shipping is available within Japan. We will ship by Freight-collect shipping by Yamato transport Only. (Shipping service fee will be charged.)
Shipping request order:
- Select parcels you want to ship
- Automatic calculation of shipping fee and service fee
- Select overseas shipping address (or Japanese address)
- Select shipping method (EMS/SEA *For international shipping)
- Payment (PayPal)
Repacking service (Optional)
- We can remove inappropriate or unnecessarily bulky packing to reduce the weight and size of boxes.
- We can discard invoices, direct mails, catalogs etc. from senders. Log into your account and enter the contents of the parcels.
Our staff members pack your parcels carefully.
We might put your things in a new box (mostly recycled), wrap them with air cushion or tape, depending on how good the wrapping already is.
STEP-6: International shipping
You will receive an auto-email, “Your parcel shipped”.
You can also check the status in your account.
- In case when your package cannot be received at the designated address because away from home etc, please follow re-delivery procedures in your country.
- Undelivered items might be shipped back to us after certain period of time so please be aware.
- To reship returned parcels, auto-calculated shipping fee and service fee will be charged.
- We will accept all products that can be shipped overseas (however, excluding items that can not be sent by EMS, airmail, sea mail, goods)
- Weight: 20 kg or 30 kg or less (varies from country to country)
- Size: Length is 1.5 m or less/Length + Horizontal = 3 m or less(varies from country to country)
- If the weight or size exceeds this limit, it will be divided and shipped separately. (There will be an additional charge per additional package.)
- We do not ship flammable products overseas in any circumstances.
Use “Message Box” in your account to contact our staff.
Your account can be canceled anytime when your private mailbox is empty.
Your user account can be canceled anytime. We will discard your remaining parcels and letters.
Click here for details.
- Your private mailbox must be empty to cancel your account. When you cancel user account with remaining parcels, they will be discarded.
- Canceled account cannot be restored. To use the service again, you have to register again.